The 2012 NSW State Championships Canoe Sprint turned into Olympic trials as Australia’s elite prepare for the London Olympics. It was a great weekend with fast racing.
Athletes on show at the Penrith Regatta Centre included Alana Nicholls, Murray Stewart, Ken Wallace, Clint Robinson and many more. Robinson stages a comeback from retirement to qualify for the London Games, hoping to add precious metal to his Olympic gold, silver and bronze medals.
Sportscene was on-site at the exciting event. Check out some of the photos and filmed interviews below.
Related posts on this website
• 2011 Canoe Sprint World Championships – Szeged
Related links on the Internet
• Stewart takes out hotly contested K1 1000 Final
• Paddle NSW Sprint Championships Wrap up (Day 2)
• Australia’s youngest-ever Olympic kayak gold medallist now aims to be its oldest
• 2012 NSW Sprint Titles YouTube playlist – videos with race footage and interviews, Australian Canoeing on YouTube
• Photo album I and Photo album II – photos, Australian Canoeing on Facebook